So what is recommended?
- Every 5 years you should have your property checked, to make sure all electrics are in a safe satisfactory order.
- Any electrical installations will deteriorate with age and it is paramount that systems are maintained appropriately to safeguard your tenants and property.
- The EICR will examine and evaluate not only the deterioration of the installation, but also its safety.
It’s a worrying fact – Laws and Regulations
A landlord must ensure that the electrical system and all appliances supplied are safe – failure to comply with the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987 is a criminal offence and may result in:
- £5,000 fine per item not complying
- 6 month’s imprisonment
- Manslaughter charges in the event of deaths
- The Tenant may also sue you for civil damages
- Property insurance may be invalidated
Check out our Facebook
From Wolverhampton to Cannock to Stafford we will be there for you.